Friday, April 30, 2010

Analytical Essay

My Lovely Nephews

I am the second from the last one of my generation, so almost all of my
generation’s already have family. Two of my older sisters and one of my cousin have child. Now I have nephews who are one and a half years old, six months old, and two
months old.











I was in the operating room with my cousin while she gave birth to
her baby. I can feel how wonderful of this period of life is, period from birth to those first few hours. I felt like he was a moveable doll.






On that day, I found that one of the first basic behaviors is sucking. After the nurse cleaned my nephew, she carried him to my cousin. He stopped crying after he was with my cousin. The nurse wanted my cousin to started feeding her son. I saw my nephew open his mouth and put his face on my cousin’s breast and know how to suck milk automatically. Sometimes if he is going to cry, he will be quiet after we put a pacifier or finger into his mouth.
The first time that I carried my nephew, I was so afraid because it was my first time to carry a baby and he still had weak neck muscles. My brother-in-law show me how to carry him safely. I found that it was not very hard to carry him and I could carry him with one hand because he was so small at that time.
I read about development of infants. I liked to compare what they said with my nephews. For example, the book said “The newly born infant enters the world with an impressive array of physical and sensory capabilities. Initially, his behavior is mostly limited to reflexes that enhance his chances for survival”. It is exactly the same, my nephew was closing his eyes and putting his hand to cover his eyes under bright lights when he was only a one-week baby. My nephew usually cried when he was uncomfortable, hungry, sick, or needs some physical attention but when he was in a good mood for example, after he was feeding and changing diaper, I liked to holding, cuddling, talking to him. He will smiling and trying to talk to me too. I can see his development every time I see him. I see a lot of advantages of article that I read because we can know what we should do to encourage my nephew’s each month-by-month development.
Now my mom takes care of my second nephew in Louisiana. I can tell that she was very happy because she always talking about my nephew with happy smiling and laughing in every times that I called her. I also like to see my nephew’s pictures and videos, I also uploaded its on my Facebook. When I have nothing to do or want to relax. Its makes me so happy and never feel bored in its.




You can see my nephews's video by go to my Facebook(I sent CD to my sister so right now i have only video that i uploaded on my Facebook;I hope you will like it ^^ )

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=720146480&ref=profile#!/profile.php?id=720146480&v=app_2392950137&ref=profile

No comments:

Post a Comment